Thursday, June 13, 2013

NOTD: Zoya "Charla"

First thing: yes! A sparkly notd. Second: I apologize for the absence. And while I realize no one is really steaming at the fact that I haven't posted, the apologies are for you (readers) and me both.

Today's notd is for Zoya's Charla. Now, if you have been following this blog since the beginning AND have an amazing memory, then you'll remember that I did a notd for a JulieG polish ("Mermaid's Tale) that I claimed to be a potential dupe for this polish. I had no intention of buying this Zoya polish, but someone gave it to me as a present so I figured I might as well wear it since it is a beautiful color and provide comparison swatches as well.


This polish is absolutely stunning. I love the golden and green micro glitters in it. So pretty to stare at in the sun.

The formula on this polish is rather sheer. After 2 coats I thought it looked mostly opaque, but added a third for the photos, just for safety.

(Zoya "Charla," 3 coats)

(Zoya "Charla," 3 coats)

And below is a quick comparison with the JulieG's "Mermaid's Tale." Perfect dupes. Luckily, this polish is amazing and I'll wear it often.


Thanks for reading!
The worst of the busy-ness is coming to a close so I'm hoping to be more active with updates within the next week.
Have a great day! (:

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful polish. It was on my wishlist for so long until I found an Essence one (that they discontinued, boo) called Choose Me! that was another dupe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen so many dupes for this polish at this point I've lost track.

      Delete