Saturday, May 11, 2013

Book Haul (Library Edition): May 10, 2013

Yes! The library doesn't just supply AC, internet, and DVDs.

If you read my last Book Haul then you know I've been going ever-so-slightly overboard with the book buying. And since I told myself I wouldn't buy any more books in May (which I broke already, but hey, it was a fairly priced first printing international copy of Harry Potter) I thought I should really hit up the library.

When it came to finding what books I wanted to borrow, it was mainly the question of: which books do I need/want in my collection immediately, and which do I not care to own (at the moment)? That became the deciding factor.

I ended up getting quite a lot of YA that I see often but don't know much about (Maureen Johnson and Sarah Dessen), in addition to friend recommendations and children's book.

Oh! I completely forgot to include 1 e-book! It was my first time ever borrowing an e-book on my kindle and it was an overall pleasant experience. I borrowed Rick Riordan's The Lightning Thief. Unfortunately, they only allow e-books to be "checked out" for a week. Which just means I'll probably stick to picking shorter/easier reads for my kindle from now on.

So onto the other physical books I did get. Photo below along with the titles listed out.

Top Row: The Princess Bride, That Was Then This Is Now, The Outsiders

Middle Row: The Phantom Tollbooth, The Truth About Forever, The Last Little Blue Envelope

Bottom Row: 13 Little Blue Envelopes, The Incredible Book Eating Boy


I'm not going to do what I normally do for book hauls and go through each book, mostly because my reasoning for getting each will sound very similar "I've heard a lot about it, but have yet to read it, etc." But hopefully, the selection gives you an idea of what you can find at your local library.

If I'm remembering correctly, the normal borrowing time for books is 3 weeks. And, as you can see, I checked out 8 (9 if you count the e-book). Fortunately (and unfortunately), all of the books were immediately available upon my request. So if in 3 weeks I can't finish this entire bunch, I'll just renew the ones I'm still interested in.

Support your local library! You may be surprised at what you can find there. (:

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and I love what I've seen so far! Do you have a bloglovin' account for people to follow you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Comments like this make my day. (:
      I added a bloglovin link on the right hand side. Thanks again for visiting!

      Delete