Thursday, October 18, 2012

OPI "Goldeneye"

As we get to that time of year where holiday nail collections are released, my wallet suffers directly as a result. I am positive I buy more polishes in holiday collections than I do for seasonal ones, despite the fact that some are only wearable during that time of year. China Glaze's "Twinkle Lights" from last years holiday collection is a perfect example of this. I wore that polish continuously in the month of December but haven't touched it since then.

Anyway, I digressed. Today's nail of the day post is for, OPI's "Goldeneye," my first holiday polish purchase from this year's OPI Skyfall Collection. "Goldeneye" is a gold foil that leans slightly bronze.

(photographed: OPI "Goldeneye")

"Goldeneye" is definitely more bronze than your usual gold color, but still manages to appear dominantly as a gold color. When you turn the polish in the light you can even catch hints of some multicolored glitters but it's mostly unnoticable. I have no idea how this combination works, but it does. The color is absolutely amazing.

(photographed: OPI "Goldeneye")

The formula of this polish reminded me a lot of OPI's "Pros and Bronze" from the Serena Williams collection from last year. It's slightly water-y and takes about 3-4 coats to reach opacity.

(photographed: OPI "Goldeneye," 3 coats, natural lighting)

The bronze aspect of this color makes it not only fun for the holidays but for fall as well.

(photographed: OPI "Goldeneye," 3 coats, natural lighting)

I look forward to layering clear-based glitters over this one and will share any fun combinations I can think of!

No comments:

Post a Comment