Sunday, October 28, 2012

Essie "Mint Candy Apple"

The last two days in Northern California have been oddly warm for the end of October and has resulted in some changes in my dark nail polish trend. Today's nail of the day, Essie's "Mint Candy Apple," is an old reliable minty-green with a slight hint of blue.

(photographed: Essie "Mint Candy Apple")

The formula for this polish is decent compared to many other Essie polishes. Two coats do the trick for me. What frustrates me most about this polish is its tendency to photograph more blue, and less green, than it really looks in person.

(photographed: Essie "Mint Candy Apple," 2 coats)

 "Mint Candy Apple"'s ability to look bluer in photographs reminds me a lot of it's bluer, brighter counterpart, POP Beauty "Mint Magic" (which you can find my full review here).

(photographed: Essie "Mint Candy Apple," 2 coats)

Though this polish is not my favorite mint polish (China Glaze's "Re-freshmint" has all others beat) it has still been a reliable go-to for springtime.

(photographed: Essie "Mint Candy Apple," 2 coats)

In every one of my last few summer/spring nail posts I keep saying it'll be the last bright color of 2012, but California weather really only has two seasons and winter is coming. (;

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you have many mint polishes...comparison post soon maybe, if the weather permits ;) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have four actual mint polishes. (I don't count CG's "For Audrey") But I feel like there has already been enough mint comparisons done over the years for me to bother adding my tiny collection of 4 to the mix.

      Delete