Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Essie "Licorice" + Sephora by OPI "Traffic Copper Stopper"

With Halloween fast approaching, I thought I would squeeze in at least one Halloween-inspired manicure. I was tempted to buy this Orly polish from their Halloween collection but decided to combine Essie's "Licorice," a basic black, with Sephora by OPI's "Traffic Copper Stopper," a chunky copper glitter and save myself a polish I would wear once at year at the most.

(photographed [L-R]: Essie "Licorice," Sephora by OPI "Traffic Copper Stopper")

I've used Sephora by OPI's "Traffic Copper Stopper" in a post before, but I failed to mention how frustrating this polish can be. The glitter itself is beautiful but grabbing glitter can be trying. Once you get the method down it isn't too bad (I've seen much worse), but I still needed to coats of glitter to get the look I wanted.


(photographed: Sephora by OPI "Traffic Copper Stopper")

Despite how difficult this glitter can be to work with, I have yet to see another glitter polish just like it.

(photographed: 2 coats Essie "Licorice," 2 coats SOPI "Traffic Copper Stopper")

I'm really enjoying this combination and would even consider wearing it even if it wasn't in the Halloween spirit.

(photographed: 2 coats Essie "Licorice," 2 coats SOPI "Traffic Copper Stopper")

I hope you enjoyed this Halloween-inspired manicure. Happy Halloween. (:

1 comment: