Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pop Beauty "Mint Magic"

Today's nail of the day is Pop Beauty's "Mint Magic," a bright mint with strong blue tones. It reminds me of a brighter, bluer version of Essie's "Mint Candy Apple." I personally would have liked the color more if there was less blue and more mint-y green, but the color is still adorable nonetheless.


When I first saw the color I hesitated getting it because I was unsure if it would be too similar to the polishes I already owned. But pulling out the two closest colors I had, one slightly greener, Essie's "Mint Candy Apple," and one bluer, China Glaze's "For Audrey," I knew "Mint Magic" was entirely different. Even though the swatches appear washed out below, you can still observe how drastically the polishes differ. "Mint Magic" is without a doubt the brightest. Compared to "Mint Candy Apple" it looks blue, but compared to "For Audrey" it looks more mint-y.

(photographed [L to R]: CG "For Audrey," Pop Beauty "Mint Magic, Essie "Mint Candy Apple")

"Mint Magic" is such a fun color that is both sweet and bright at the same time. It's a fun mint for spring, but it's brightness lends itself to summer quite well.

(POP Beauty "Mint Magic," 3 coats, shade)

(POP Beauty "Mint Magic," 3 coats)

Pros
  • Cute color. Brighter than any other mint I have.
  • Unique. Yet to see another color quite like it. 
  • Will look good on a variety of skin tones. 
Cons
  • A little streaky. 3 coats for opacity. 
  • Not quite "mint" as it's name suggets. 
  • Pop Beauty polishes retail for $10, a relatively higher price than OPI, Essie, or China Glaze. 

Final Verdict: Though "Mint Magic" isn't at the top of my favorite summer polishes list, it has still received many uses this last season due to it's unique brightness that many mint colors tend to lack. The only thing that could make this polish a favorite is if it were more of a true mint, and less of a baby blue/mint combo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment